Installing Akeneo PIM Enterprise Edition (EE) with the Archive¶
This document provides step by step instructions to install the PIM with the archive on an environment that fulfills the expected System Requirements.
Getting Akeneo PIM¶
This document provides step by step instructions to obtain an archive of the PIM Enterprise Edition.
Getting Akeneo Partners Portal access¶
After obtaining your Enterprise Edition license you should have recieved an access to the Akeneo Partners Portal.
If you haven’t recieved it you can request one at: http://helpdesk.akeneo.com/
If you are a developer on the project you should request an account to access the project to your company manager (supervisor).
Getting Enterprise Edition access via the Partners Portal¶
By default Composer uses packagist.org. to retrieve all open source packages and their updates. To download the PIM Enterprise Edition, you have to get access to our private enterprise edition repository by sending your SSH public key to our systems.
Login to the Partners Portal at https://partners.akeneo.com
- In your account go to manage public keys
- Click the following button
- Enter a name, an email and the associated public key file content (usually located at ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) and click save
Requesting an archive on the Partners Portal¶
In the left menu click on Activities > Project and then on your project.
On your project page on the right you will find a button to download the archive. We strongly recommend you to choose the latest version.
Extracting the archive¶
$ mkdir -p /path/to/installation $ tar -xvzf pim-community-standard-v1.6-latest-icecat.tar.gz -C /path/to/installation/
Replace /path/to/installation by the path to the directory where you want to install the PIM.
- For Community Edition, replace pim-community-standard-v1.6-latest-icecat.tar.gz by the location and the name of the archive you have downloaded from https://www.akeneo.com/download
- For Enterprise Edition, replace pim-community-standard-v1.6-latest-icecat.tar.gz by the location and the name of the archive you have downloaded from https://partners.akeneo.com
The PIM will be extracted in the folder /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard.
1 2 3 4
$ cd /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard $ ../composer.phar install --optimize-autoloader --prefer-dist # optional for community edition $ php app/console cache:clear --env=prod $ php app/console pim:install --env=prod
Configuring tasks via crontab¶
The application needs the following tasks to be executed in background on a regular basis:
1 2 3 4 5 6
# for community and enterprise editions /path/to/php /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/console pim:completeness:calculate --env=prod # recalculates the products completeness /path/to/php /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/console pim:versioning:refresh --env=prod # processes pending versions # for enterprise edition only path/to/php /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/console akeneo:rule:run --env=prod # executes rules on products
Edit your crontab with
crontab -e and configure each task. For example, the following line will run the completeness calculation every 15 minutes:
# m h dom mon dow command */15 * * * * /path/to/php /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/console pim:completeness:calculate --env=prod > /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/logs/calculate_completeness.log 2>&1
> /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/logs/calculate_completeness.log 2>&1 is to redirect both stdout and stderr to your log file.
dev is the default environment. So when you launch a Symfony command, always add
--env=prod in prod environment to avoid useless logging and profiling.
Since some tasks may take a long time to be executed, adapt the frequency of these tasks according to your needs, to your server capabilities and to your catalog size.
Testing your installation¶
Go to http://akeneo-pim.local/ and log in with admin/admin. If you see the dashboard, congratulations, you have successfully installed Akeneo PIM! You can also access the dev environment on http://akeneo-pim.local/app_dev.php
If an error occurs, it means that something went wrong in one of the previous steps. Please check error outputs of all the steps.
- with XDebug on, the default value of max_nesting_level (100) is too low and can make the ACL loading fail (which causes 403 HTTP response code on every application screen, even the login screen). A working value is 500:
- not enough memory can cause the JS routing bundle to fail with a segmentation fault. Please check with
php -i | grep memorythat you have enough memory according to the requirements
Now you have an Akeneo PIM up and running. But maybe you want more! What about these topics?
- If you need it, you can enable the MySQL/MongoDB hybrid storage for products by following Setting up the Hybrid Storage MySQL/MongoDB.
- You can switch to the minimal dataset or import your own data by following How to Customize the Dataset.
- You can add additional translations by following How to Add Translation Packs.