How to upgrade to a minor version?¶
We release a minor version 3 times a year:
- the X.1 (STS: Short Term Support version)
- the X.2 (also a STS - Short Term Support - version)
- the X.3 (LTS: Long Term Support version)
These versions bring new features.
To check the PIM version release date, check our article
Depending on these features and on the custom code you’ve added in your project, the migration can be more or less straightforward.
Each release is provided with a migration guide and a set of scripts to automate it as much as possible.
We continue to improve this process to make every new migration easier than the previous one.
Here are the migration guides:
If you are a Community Edition user
- From v3.0 to v3.1
- From v2.3 to v3.0
- From v2.2 to v2.3
- From v2.1 to v2.2
- From v2.0 to v2.1
- From v1.6 to v1.7
- From v1.5 to v1.6
- From v1.4 to v1.5
- From v1.3 to v1.4
- From v1.2 to v1.3
- From v1.1 to v1.2
- From v1.0 to v1.1
If you are an Enterprise Edition client
Standard Enterprise Edition (EE) archives are available from the Portal.
Then, follow the migration guides located in your archive to upgrade your project.
- From EE v3.0 to EE v3.1: UPGRADE-3.1.md
- From EE v2.3 to EE v3.0: UPGRADE-3.0.md
- From EE v2.2 to EE v2.3: UPGRADE-2.3.md
- From EE v2.1 to EE v2.2: UPGRADE-2.2.md
- From EE v2.0 to EE v2.1: UPGRADE-2.1.md
- From EE v1.6 to EE v1.7: UPGRADE-1.7.md
- From EE v1.5 to EE v1.6: UPGRADE-1.6.md
- From EE v1.4 to EE v1.5: UPGRADE-1.5.md
- From CE v1.4 to EE v1.4: UPGRADE-CE-1.4-EE-1.4.md
- From EE v1.3 to EE v1.4: UPGRADE-1.4.md
- From EE v1.0 to EE v1.3: UPGRADE-1.3.md
Found a typo or a hole in the documentation and feel like contributing?
Join us on Github!