Installing Akeneo PIM Community Edition (CE) with the Archive¶
This document provides step by step instructions to install the PIM with the archive on an environment that fulfills the expected System Requirements.
Getting Akeneo PIM¶
Downloading the archive¶
You can choose to download a PIM Community Edition along with demo data (called icecat) or not (called minimal) from the download page https://www.akeneo.com/download. You can also download them directly from the command line:
$ wget http://download.akeneo.com/pim-community-standard-v1.7-latest-icecat.tar.gz #for icecat version $ wget http://download.akeneo.com/pim-community-standard-v1.7-latest.tar.gz #for minimal version
Extracting the archive¶
$ mkdir -p /path/to/installation $ tar -xvzf pim-community-standard-v1.7-latest-icecat.tar.gz -C /path/to/installation/
Replace /path/to/installation by the path to the directory where you want to install the PIM.
- For Community Edition, replace pim-community-standard-v1.7-latest-icecat.tar.gz by the location and the name of the archive you have downloaded from https://www.akeneo.com/download
- For Enterprise Edition, replace pim-community-standard-v1.7-latest-icecat.tar.gz by the location and the name of the archive you have downloaded from the Portal
The PIM will be extracted in the folder /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard.
1 2 3 4
$ cd /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard $ ../composer.phar install --optimize-autoloader --prefer-dist # optional for community edition $ php app/console cache:clear --env=prod $ php app/console pim:install --env=prod
Configuring tasks via crontab¶
The application needs the following tasks to be executed in background on a regular basis:
1 2 3 4 5 6
# for community and enterprise editions /path/to/php /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/console pim:completeness:calculate --env=prod # recalculates the products completeness /path/to/php /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/console pim:versioning:refresh --env=prod # processes pending versions # for enterprise edition only path/to/php /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/console akeneo:rule:run --env=prod # executes rules on products
Edit your crontab with
crontab -e and configure each task. For example, the following line will run the completeness calculation every 15 minutes:
# m h dom mon dow command */15 * * * * /path/to/php /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/console pim:completeness:calculate --env=prod > /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/logs/calculate_completeness.log 2>&1
> /path/to/installation/pim-community-standard/app/logs/calculate_completeness.log 2>&1 is to redirect both stdout and stderr to your log file.
dev is the default environment. So when you launch a Symfony command, always add
--env=prod in prod environment to avoid useless logging and profiling.
Since some tasks may take a long time to be executed, adapt the frequency of these tasks according to your needs, to your server capabilities and to your catalog size.
Testing your installation¶
Access the web folder using your favorite web browser and log in with admin/admin. If you see the dashboard, congratulations, you have successfully installed Akeneo PIM! You can also access the dev environment on using app_dev.php as index.
If an error occurs, it means that something went wrong in one of the previous steps. Please check error outputs of all the steps.
- with XDebug on, the default value of max_nesting_level (100) is too low and can make the ACL loading fail (which causes 403 HTTP response code on every application screen, even the login screen). A working value is 500:
- not enough memory can cause the JS routing bundle to fail with a segmentation fault. Please check with
php -i | grep memorythat you have enough memory according to the requirements
Now you have an Akeneo PIM up and running. But maybe you want more! What about these topics?
- If you need it, you can enable the MySQL/MongoDB hybrid storage for products by following Setting up the Hybrid Storage MySQL/MongoDB.
- You can switch to the minimal dataset or import your own data by following How to Customize the Dataset.
- You can add additional translations by following How to Add Translation Packs.